100% Grass Fed Porterhouse Steaks
The Porterhouse steak is undeniably the emperor of all steaks! Heartstone Farm's 100% Grass Fed Porterhouse steaks are cut from the thickest and most tender rear end portion of the short loin creating a delectable steak that’s fit for royalty.
Full of beefy flavor, they are great on the grill or stove top in a seasoned cast iron pan.
You can use a steak knife and fork to carve up a Porterhouse. But at some point during dinner you're going to have to make a choice: do I pick up this beautiful "t-shaped" bone and finish it off without cutlery? I know my answer: of course I do! Porterhouses are a great steak experience. The meat is amazingly flavorful and fairly tender, and the bone-in enhances the whole experience. Chewing the meat off the bone caveman-style is the climax of the experience. That's my opinion only. And if you're not into that kind of thing it's fine. I'll bet there's someone at the table who would be happy to help!
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished on our farm in Maine
- All Natural - No Antibiotics - No Hormones
- 14-Day Dry Aged
- USDA inspected
- Hand cut and trimmed
- Flash Frozen and Wrapped In Air-Tight Cryovac - Will Last 12 Months In Your Freezer
What's special about Porterhouses?
Porterhouses have big flavor and are often big enough for two. Simply season this sublime combination of Strip and Tenderloin for the grill or oven.
Why are Porterhouse Steaks called "two steaks in one"?
The Porterhouse has Strip Steaks on one side of the bone and Tenderloin on the other.
What is the best way to cook a Porterhouse?
As a tender cut of beef, Porterhouses tastes best when cooked just to the point of juiciness, between rare and medium. This is usually accomplished with high-heat cooking methods such as grilling or using a cast iron pan on the stovetop.
What is the difference between a T-Bone and a Porterhouse?
There's not much difference - the steaks are really just different ends of the Short Loin (which is below the cow's backbone). Porterhouses have a larger "filet" side than T-bones.
How thick are Heartstone Farm's Porterhouse steaks?
We try to indicate in the product pricing how thick your steak will be. Generally steaks under 16 oz will be 1/2" to 3/4" thick. At 16 oz the steaks are 3/4" to 1" thick. Above 20 oz., the steaks are 1"+.
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking.
- Resting steak is also important because the heat of cooking pulls the juices in the meat toward the surface; if you slice into it immediately after cooking, those flavorful juices will end up on your plate, not in your steak. Allowing your steak to rest will give the juices time to sink back in and throughout the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful.
- We recommend cooking your steak to no more than medium rare.
- Use a meat thermometer - and remove from heat at 125 degrees.
Our cattle are 100% grass fed and grass finished.
That means they do not receive any grain or corn - ever.
We do not use antibiotics or hormones - ever.
We maintain a stress-free enviroment for our cattle - we treat them humanely.
Our cattle have access to the outdoors 365 days a year.
Free shipping on orders $99 and above. $14.95 under $99.
We ship to 34 states - AL, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WV, WI.
Your order is shipped to you in eco-friendly insulated packaging (not styrofoam!). We use ice blankets and dry ice to insure your meat arrives in perfect condition.
Additional details about shipping and delivery HERE.