Ranch Hand Weekend
A truly unique gift they'll always remember - the Ranch Hand Weekend at Heartstone Farm. This is a gift for two people - a couple, two great friends, or perhaps a father and son.
For two days, your gift recipients will join Farmer Dan and his crew doing what they do - moving the cattle every day, building fence, sorting and weighing - and learning how we raise grass fed beef to the highest standards.
But it won't all be work. There are plenty of hiking trails (or take our ATV) - with deer, wild turkeys, and an occasional porcupine and fox. Enjoy swimming or canoeing in our pond. They'll enjoy one night with our staff for weekly burger night and a camp fire - and another night with grilled steaks from our Heartstone Reserve Collection. Breakfast will be fresh eggs gathered that morning.
Accommodations are in the Heartstone Farm Carriage House - a one bedroom cozy apartment which can be set up for either 1 or 2 beds, refrigerator, television, and even air conditioning (if it happens to be that rare hot night). (And, of course, wi-fi.)
Your recipients will receive a cooler of Heartstone Farm beef (value $175) on their departure along with official certificates that they are "Qualified Ranch Hands" and Heartstone Farm "Farmhand Caps."
Heartstone Farm includes 500 acres of woods and pastures in Central Maine. We are located on a dead-end dirt road - for plenty of quiet and privacy. We are a 30 minute drive from Bangor, about 2 hours from Portland, and about 4 hours from Boston. We have a 3,000 foot grass runway for qualified pilots.
- We will only have one booking at a time, so reservations made well ahead of time will assure choice dates
- Can be used June 15-August 15
- Your gift recipient can book their dates directly with us - and must reserve at least 30 days in advance
- In the event that COVID19 restrictions remain in place in summer 2021 the weekend may be used in 2022
- You will receive a letter outlining the experience which can be your physical gift you can give to your recipient
Got questions about this package? Please feel free to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (207) 424-0063.
Watch this video from a peak at life here at Heartstone Farm and some of the activities your gift recipients can engage in.