100% Grass Fed Filet Mignon
LIMIT 4 PER CUSTOMER (Please)
Our Filet Mignon steaks (also known as Tenderloin Steaks) are simply the best of the best - the steaks you cook for that special occasion (like a steak lover’s birthday or anniversary). The flavor is rich, and the steak is tender. We dry age our Filet Mignons for 14 days. Best served medium rare with just a bit of salt and pepper
"Best tasting steak I’ve ever had! I used to order from other farmers that raise pasture raised animals. But after trying out Farmer Dan’s steaks, I was sold. The meat just melts in your mouth. I don’t need a knife to cut it. The marbling is just fantastic. Will purchase nowhere else but from Farmer Dan!" - Rodulfo Buenafe, Brooklyn, NY
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished on our farm in Maine
- All Natural - No Antibiotics - No Hormones
- 14-Day Dry Aged
- USDA inspected
- Hand cut and trimmed
- Flash Frozen and Wrapped In Air-Tight Cryovac - Will Last 12 Months In Your Freezer
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking.
- Resting steak is also important because the heat of cooking pulls the juices in the meat toward the surface; if you slice into it immediately after cooking, those flavorful juices will end up on your plate, not in your steak. Allowing your steak to rest will give the juices time to sink back in and throughout the meat, keeping it moist and flavorful.
- We recommend cooking your steak to no more than medium rare.
- Use a meat thermometer - and remove from heat at 125 degrees.
Here's a recipe that's straightforward and perfect - and only takes 15 minutes for a perfect steak LINK
Filets are the steak that still makes me say "wow." Like I know these are going to be good, but that first bite still surprises me. These steaks are so delicious and special, so remarkably flavorful, that they really are best savored on a special occasion with someone you love (or someone you want to truly impress). Go ahead, treat yourself. You deserve it.
Why is Filet Mignon the most expensive steak?
Supply and demand. The average cow only has 4-5 pounds of filet. Also, it's sooo good.
What's Filet Mignon?
It is often the most tender and lean cut. Filet mignon often has a milder flavor than other cuts and as such is often garnished with a sauce or wrapped with bacon. Filet mignon is usually presented as a round cut taken from the thinner end of a piece of tenderloin.
Why is Filet Mignon so tender?
The tenderloin muscle is so little used that the meat is especially tender.
Our cattle are 100% grass fed and grass finished.
That means they do not receive any grain or corn - ever.
We do not use antibiotics or hormones - ever.
We maintain a stress-free enviroment for our cattle - we treat them humanely.
Our cattle have access to the outdoors 365 days a year.